ITB Berlin 2013 – that meant 10,086 exhibitors from 188 countries. This made a total of nearly 4,000 booths. Since 2000, all booths at the ITB are assessed by the student trade fair team of CBS Cologne Business School to award the best exhibitors of the fair. Assessment criteria are among others: booth design, information transfer, quality of service, friendliness, special activities and offers.
For the evaluation of the booths in 2013, the smartphone app was a new feature: instead of using paper and pencil the students were using smartphones or tablets and a specially developed app by COMPASS.
This app has several big advantages:
- The questionnaire can be processed online and offline.
- The app is easy to use and requires no special knowledge.
- Paper is saved and the environment is preserved.
- The survey can be monitored in real time.
- Permanent control of interviewers.
- Time is saved and therefore costs are reduced.
- The data is valid and reliable.
Regarding the Best Exhibitor Award assessment: to evaluate with an app was much more fun than walking around with a clipboard and paper. The students found that cool! The motivation has increased significantly. Finally, after 12 years of evaluation with pen and paper, the efficiency and time saving through the app is striking. Moreover it has been a wonderful test run and, of course, the app will also be used for other research projects of COMPASS .
For questions concering the app: COMPASS GmbH, Martina Leicher email@example.com.